Sometimes it's okay to be a follower! :)

Blogaholic Designs”=

I was featured!!!

Photobucket

All Things Thrifty


DIY under $5

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pinterest Recipe critique: Chocolate Chip cookies with cornstarch

I saw this recipe on pinterest that gave you a tip to have puffy chocolate chip cookies. I love puffy chocolate chip cookies and thought I would give it a try because mine always go way flat after they are done cooking. They said instead of using Baking soda, use Cornstarch. So I tried it.......and well, let's just start with the positive thing(s) about it.

First, they really did poof out. I was so happy about that part. Second, well.....that is the only positive thing I have to say about it. Sad huh?

Here are the cons:

*The cookie dough did not even taste the same as it usually does. I really did not think that cornstarch would make that big of a difference to the taste of the dough but it did.

*It gave you a bad after taste after eating the cookie dough.

*So I figured well, maybe they will taste better all warm and yummy. I took them out of the oven let them cool off a bit and tried it, and it was not good at all. They tasted nothing like my chocolate chip cookies that I make, even though I used all of the same ingredients except the Baking Soda.


So needless to say I was pretty sad they did not taste as good as they looked. But that is just my own personal opinion. Brandon was pretty sad too because he really likes my chocolate chip cookies. Oh well, now I know.







3 comments:

.Chrissy said...

I am glad you did this because now I don't have to learn it on my own! : ) I saw this recipe too and I was going to try it. Now I know! : )

Lisa said...

Hahaha! That made me laugh. But yes, I am glad I saved you from trying it!

Anonymous said...

I use the Star Wars Wookie Cookie recipe but add a handful or two of oatmeal. That not only gives them more poofiness, but adds texture and a little nutrition as well. And they taste FANTASTIC!!!